Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 1: The Arrival

It's  been a very long day here in London!!! For the most part I have only had one hour of sleep and we started touring right when we landed in London. Flights went well accept for the end of the flight from Rapid City to Chicago. We hit a lot if turbulence and it made me incredibly light headed.  When we left Chicago it was smooth sailing. We landed in London about 7:40 and got through customs and grabbed our bags all in about 50 minutes, it was really quick!!!!! We got on our bus and made our way to Windsor Castle. Before we entered the castle they did the changing guard which was really interesting. They came in kind of like a marching band. Drums, flutes, and trumpets. Then right after the band came the royal guards who were armed with firearms, and changed places with the guards at the front of the castle. When we finally made it to the castle it was interesting to learn that Windsor castle is actually known as the queen's "weekend house", so only a small portion of the castle was open to the public; but what I got to see was amazing. It housed items that England has gained throughout all of their history, and the basic stuff you would expect to see in a castle. After spending most of the morning at Windsor we came back to our hotel in London. Our professors gave us a quick tour of the area surrounding our hotel. After that we were on our own. Dana, Steph, Danny, and I all went and grabbed some dinner at Nandos; which is a restaurant that serves all different types of chicken. We got medium spice chicks wings and chips (French fries). It was good but almost a little spicy for my liking but I did enjoy it. That leads to now which I am sitting outside our hotel writing this post. I'm thinking of heading to bed in the next hour as I am exhausted from the flying and lack of sleep!!!! Tomorrow we have the magistrate court from 10-1, so I will let you all know how that goes!!!!! Have a good day family and friends!!!!! Below are some of the pictures that I took. 
Outside of Windsor castle.
Changing of the guard.
More of the changing of the guard.
Even more from the changing of the guard. 
All of this is from the outside if Windsor castle. We were prohibited from taking pictures indoors so this is all I can show you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment