Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 3: Supreme Court

Day 3: Supreme Court 

This morning we left the hotel at 9 to head to the Supreme Court. When we got out of the tube we actually had a chance to take pictures of parliament.


The Supreme Court was only a short walk from parliament. The Supreme Court is fairly new in the U.K. It was created in 2005 and began hearing cases in 2009. It was created to separate powers of the legislative, executive, and judicial branch like we have in America. There Supreme Court is unlike ours in the U.S. We were able to sit on the bench and take pictures  of everything in the court room, this is unlike the U.S. in the fact that they did not let us take photos or go any further than the public gallery. There Supreme Court consists of three court rooms while ours only has one. The first two courts we saw sat five justices and the third court sat  nine. I did not go into the nine justice court because it was in session and there was only a certain amount of seats left. So I watched the case from a tv right outside of the court room. After that Danny and I walked around Westminster Abby. We did not go in because we decided we would wait till the education group goes on Saturday.

We decided to come back to the hotel and get some sandwiches. We got the from a shop that was pretty cheap. It cost me 3 pounds for two sandwiches and a large water. 

After Dana returned her and I went  to the British museum and looked around for about an hour we then came back to the hotel and got ready to go to Wicked. We left and headed for dinner. I forgot the name of the restaurant but it was some if the best pasta I think I have ever had at a restaurant. We headed to the theatre and spend the next three hours watching one of the best musicals I have ever seen!!!!!! We got back late which is why my post is late. Tomorrow  evening I will share with you my experiences at Scotland Yard. 


The United Kingdom Supreme Court symbol

No comments:

Post a Comment