Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Free day: Paris trip

Yesterday we had a free day so we used it to go to Paris. Honestly Paris is not as great as I thought it would be. It seemed to be really dirty, but that is how most big cities are I guess. New York is the same way. It also was cold and rainy which did not help. We saw Norte Dame first which was pretty cool. It was different from some of the other cathedrals because inside was not filled with light; but instead really dark. Next we saw the Arc De Triomphe which is a massive monument for the soldiers of the French Revolution. It also creates the worlds biggest round about. Which has eight lanes depending on how people are driving.
After that we saw the Eiffel Tower. It was pretty cool but we were not able to get in it because it was a 45 minute wait just to get tickets, and well I'm not a big fan of hieghts either.  

We then were going to go to the Louvre, but it's closed on Tuesdays for some reason. 
So we walked back to Notre Dame and had dinner. When we got back to Notre Dame it was surrounded by police. Apparently someone went up to the alter and committed suicide. It was a sad situation, but from what I read in the news it was apparently a political suicide.  
Danny, Steph, Dana, and I went and had some authentic French food. I did try snails but just a small bite. I didn't really like them and I think I'll pass next time they are offered. Danny on the other hand stuffed down four and thought they were delicious. 
One last thing about yesterday; we went to a McDonald's and I used the restroom there, but instead of using a toilet we had to pee on a wall. And it went down the wall into a drain. It was really strange. Today we have another free day and are probably going to take some time to relax. 

P.S. this is what the Hangover is called in France. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment